Don't think so? Bet you can!
Do you have any idea what this is a picture of?
This is EVERYTHING I FORGOT TO BRING to my workshop last Thursday!!!! (that I can remember at the moment!)
NOW do you think you can do what I do?!?! Like I said, BET YOU CAN!
I couldn't believe all my little failures! Fortunately, my customers were so very forgiving! (Thank you, Connie & friends!) They even said I was encouraging to them. (Poor things!! They must have REALLY needed some encouragement! *Ü*)
So here went my night:
- First, I realized I didn't bring any of the samples I've been showing you with Reason to Smile. DUH!! I briefly considered calling and asking Todd or Tyler to bring them to me, because I wasn't very far away. Changed my mind–and it was a good thing, because the samples were just a drop in the bucket!
- 1st (special) project: for one of the guests who had never been to a Stampin' Up! workshop before! No Stampin' Scrub or Mist for when I was done. Stamps went home dirty. Easy fix.
- 2nd project: FORGOT THE INK PAD that I needed for the project. Fortunately, it was tone-on-tone, so I could use VersaMark–which my hostess so graciously let me borrow.
- TIP: If you don't have VersaMark, buy it!! It can save you in a pinch if you don't have a color and want to stamp ON that color….BIG bang for your buck! Suddenly you have all ink colors in all card stock you have. BONUS!!
- Still 2nd project: didn't bring the Sticky Strip or scissors to put the gift card holder together! But I did have Mini Glue Dots that are stronger than SNAIL, so I used them instead.
- 3rd project: forgot THAT ink pad, too!!!!!! Saved by tone-on-tone again with VersaMark and made an unintended change that may have been better than the original plan.
- 4th project: I think that one went ok!! (Other than that I tried to steal Connie's VersaMark when I was putting everything away from my 3rd project!) We used Reason to Smile and made a card similar to this:
I don't know what my deal was, but I was NOT at my best. One of my customers asked me how long I'd been demonstrating, and I said, "10 years–but you can't tell it tonight!!!"
Part of why I'm telling you all this is–first–to THANK YOU for your patience with my human-ness! *Ü* I'm sure you've all had to deal with it to some extent!
Second, it's to tell you that you don't have to be perfect to be a demonstrator! (Hey–if Steph can do this, surely I can!)
In fact, my customers seeing me make mistakes can help them feel more comfortable stamping. THEY don't have to be perfect either! If you make a mistake, you work through it.
- Stampin' Up! has a completely customizable starter kit for $99. Let me know if you want to chat about it.
Plus, they see me coping and changing my project to use what I have. I AM very thankful Connie had the VersaMark. But even thinking just now if I didn't have that, I think I could have figured something else out. It just would have taken me an extra minute longer.
If you don't have something for a project of your own, what DO you have that might work? Stick with it! Don't give up! You may even like what you come up with even better.
Remember, if you can fall in love with a project, you can learn to create it! Here to help you channel your inner Creative Genius….
Have a great day!
Click HERE to subscribe to my FREE newsletter and receive my "5 Tips for Making Fabulous Hand-Stamped Creations." Don't miss out!