Well, the butterflies may end at some point….
But I just love this bundle SO MUCH!!
Here's another quick card with the Watercolor Wings bundle:
Pear Pizzazz, So Saffron, Early Espresso–including the Neutrals DSP Stack
So do you have this set?? Or is it on the way??
Remember, the bundle saves you 15% on the set and framelits combined.
And I promised you tips for using it.
They will help your butterflies turn out wonderfully!
TIPS for using Watercolor Wings Bundle (especially the largest butterfly):
- MAKE SURE you have padding underneath your cardstock when stamping [ANY] bold photopolymer images–specifically all 3 parts of the large butterfly. [I use our Paper Piercing Mat…but I've also forgotten it at a workshop before and just used a stack of a few napkins under my cardstock. Abby, I believe they were just simple, inexpensive plain white ones–since you asked. ;)]
- To help avoid getting ink all over your blocks when inking up the stamps, leave the stamp laying down & pick up the ink pad; tap the stamp with the ink pad.
- The boldest butterfly image will look like it's not inked up well. But take a look at the image on the set; it is splotchy–watercolored. The texture of the stamp makes it look not inked well. And when you stamp it, IT WILL BE SPLOTCHY! That's ok!!
- When inking up the stamp of just the wings edges, ink each edge separately; turn the stamp and ink the other. This helps you avoid getting a lot of ink on the photopolymer in the middle that isn't intended to stamp anything.
- For the wings spots and stripes, use your darkest color choice in the color combo. If you don't you'll lose some of the detail in the spots.
- BODY PLACEMENT with the framelits: so you don't chop off the head of the butterfly body, the indented part between the bottom 2 body segments should be JUST BELOW the line separating the 2 segments of the wings. However, if you make it too high, don't worry about it! The framelit will cut the shape of the head anyway.
If you have any more tips you've learned since YOU'VE been playing with your bundle, comment below!
Everyone needs a little help sometimes!
Have a great day!
And don't forget to check out the Weekly Deals!
Remember, if you can fall in love with a project, you can learn to create it! Here to help you channel your inner Creative Genius…
LIKE me on Facebook.
Follow me on Pinterest.
Subscribe to my FREE newsletter, and receive my "5 Tips for Making Fabulous Hand-Stamped Creations."