…that is the question.
As you (may or may not) know, Stampin' Up! released their line of clear-mount stamps and blocks a few years ago. They still carry the traditional wood-mount, of course!
But now you have a choice! So will you switch? I know some people are still trying to decide what they like best.
So I thought I'd help you with a little insight…
But SU! didn't want to give up quality for the "clear" option. So even for clear-mount, the stamps themselves are [our normal] good quality rubber.
They're so smart!
Reasons I Love Clear-Mount Stamps
- Obviously, they are more easily positionable. Since you can see through the block, you can see where you're stamping better.
- They are less expensive–in the long run, since you don't pay for the wood blocks each time.
- You buy a clear block (or blocks) in whatever size necessary and use it for many different stamp sets.
- "C" block is what I most often use.
- They can be stored more easily.
- Come in a thin dvd case–less space
- Has the name of the set, along with images, on the binding–easier to find
- And one of the BEST things? Our clear blocks are comfy to use!!!!
- They are ergonomically correct.
- No "sharp" edges. My fingers appreciate that!
- Didn't I tell you SU! did it right?!
Reasons I Prefer Wood-Mount Stamps
That's right. For the most part, I prefer wood–even after listing all the wonderful things about clear-mount.
And for me, it's all about convenience….I'm a stamp-n-go kind of girl afterall!
- They are always ready for me when I'm ready to use them!
- Well, yah! That's huge for me when I suddenly realize as I'm ready to walk out the door that I still have to stamp my card for the occasion!
- Yes, I procrastinate–and need all the help I can get….sad but true.
- They don't have to be remounted in the middle of stamping with the same set.
- My perception is that a lot of the stamp sets have similar sized stamps in it, which is great for keeping your stamp/block investment down.
- But for me, that means I either need several of the same size blocks (yes, I have duplicates) or I have to clean and remount in the middle of stamping….NOT what I prefer when heading out the door! *Ü*
- They are MUCH less likely to come off the block when cleaning–or stamping.
- Yes, I have had the wood-mount rubber come off stamps when cleaning, especially if they're older or smaller. I just attach again with my SNAIL Adhesive, and it's fine.
- Clear-mount come off the block easily when cleaning and can even come off when stamping.
I'll be back tomorrow with tips on encouraging your Clear-Mount stamps to be a little more "stamper-friendly."
So I did I help you decide to switch or not to switch? If you still need a little direction, let me know.
If you've already decided, COMMENT below and tell us which you chose and why!
(Maybe you have a different reason than I've listed.)
Remember, if you can fall in love with a project, you can learn to create it!
Here to help you channel that inner Creative Genius….
Have a great day!
Subscribe to my free newsletter, so you don't miss out on anything I have to share with you!